Monday, July 7, 2008

Awesome Trip 'Home"


Natalie and mom Trix on our way to Zurich, Switzerland. The long awaited time has finally come.

Panoramic picture of Burgdorf, Switzerland from the castle

Beatrix Ingold Sorensen (me) at the Burgdorf Castle

Ochlenberg, Switzerland at our favorie Bed and Breakfast - Jordi Hoff


I came from Switzerland 58 YEARS ago! Last year I decided I needed to make a trip to Europe to visit my only uncle Abundi and aunt Erika Schmid, who are both in their 90's, before it was too late. Since my last visit six years ago, I have already lost a second cousin.
My daughter Natalie, sons Ron and Eric and Eric's wife Alisyn and her 14 year old niece Brooklyn came with me. Eric arranged for the rental car and I made all the other arrangements and schedule myself. We had so much fun and got so tired. Her Natalie and I are flying over the Atlantic Ocean.

Arriving in Zurich, Switzerland: Natalie, Alisyn, Trix, Brooklyn and Eric. Ron is picture taking.

Our first Bed and Breakfast in Tramalan, Switzerland

Chicken coop at Bed and Breakfast in Tramalan

Next morning early we are already on our way to the Materhorn by way of this beautiful Grindelwald.

Ron, Natalie, Trix, Alisyn and Eric in Grindelwald.

We love the grocery stores in Switzerland. It's an adventure of epicurean delights.
Ron and Trix.
Theo and Regula Haeberli, me, Erich and Barbara Schatti. They are my cousins with their husbands.

Breakfast at my cousin Regula's house.
Theo Haeberli, Barbara Schatti, Regula, Erich, Barbara, Ron and Trix

0 comments: