We had so much fun camping with Natalie's and Jeff's families the end of September! I bought small clip boards and mechnaical pencils for all the kids and we had a great scavenger hunt. On the list were: animal bones, animal tracks, animal poop, oak leaves, mushrooms and other stuff. The kids did very well and even found animal bones. I have to admit I 'planted' some along the game trail we took, but the kids also found several additional ones. We loved playing games and sharing meals. I took hikes everyday with the kids and adults that chose to participate. Oh, what fun and Oh how MUCH I will miss Natalie and her family. If you don't know, they have sold their home and will be leaving for the Alpine area of Utah (near Lehi) on or about October 20th! YES, THAT SOON! Of course we wish them all the best.
I flew to Salt Lake October 1, the day after I came home from camping. I rented a car and spent a day and a night with Melanie. Theresa met us for lunch on Wednesday. We saw a cute haircut and I told Melanie I wish I knew someone that could cut my hair like that. She said she knew just the person, her beautician; called her, got me an appointment for 8 a.m. on Thursday, before my departure to Logan and walla, new do. I like it. My hair just wasn't attractive long and I knew it. I went to Logan to spend five days my dad for his 88th birthday. On Friday my sisters, Esther, Briga and Monica, as well as my dad and his friend Ernst Blaser, who turned 90 the day before, went to Wendover, Nevada for the day. Eva didn't want to go with us. As usual Esther did very well at the slots. She bet about $15 and came home with over $800!! All but $50 of that was won on the penny machines! I bet $16 and came home with just under $40, my dad lost the $3 he played, Briga was down about 12 cents, Monica came home with about $62, I think. Ernst chose not to play. He had fun just watching. We also had a fabulous lunch while we were there. Saturday after the morning conference session we drove to the Girls Camp in Logan canyon, even though it was raining. You can see the wonderful colors.
I love conference and am sad it it over. Sorry I didn't get pictures of my dad and sisters, but no photos allowed in the casino and when we got back it was late and the last thing on my mind was taking pictures. Maybe my sisters will have some later, but I don't think so.
I got home last night and this morning (Wednesday) I had to be at the surgery center is North Scotsdale for my second epidural in my neck. I spent most of the day resting and very relaxed.
Sorry this got so long. Love you all so very much!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Camping and Utah
Posted by Tricky Trix at 7:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Awesome pics! Makes me soooo sorry I couldn't come camping with you. :(
Ron
Wow! What an adventurous life you lead! But at least you can focus on relaxing and rejuvenating now...hopefully that epidural will help a lot! But thanks for coming over for dinner whilst you were here! We love to visit, no matter how short it may be! :)
Glad to hear that grandpa had a good birthday. He is so amazing!
Lovin' the newer new do!!! It is such a great cut on you! So flattering and hip! Very nice!
And sorry to be taking Nat from you, but hooray for us!!! See, one more reason to move to Mapleton! Now if we can only convince Ang, Scott, Ron, and Jeff... ;)
Send our love to dad and know that we love YOU very much!!! :)
I'm sorry to leave you but I know that I will still see you a bunch :0)
The haircut is WAY cute and I hope your neck is feeling a little better! Mine is still stiff, I have to stretch it A LOT!
Post a Comment