![]()
We went back to Happy Jack last Sunday, going to Blue Ridge branch for church on the way up. Each afternoon at 3 o'clock we heard such a ruckus just down the draw from us. There must be quite a pack of coyotes down there. It seems it was feeding time for the pups at three because we didn't hear anything from them until then. At that time we would hear a lot of high pitched yapping. Then it was quiet again until 10:30 or 11 p.m. when the whole pack seemed to go hunting. There was so much howling and barking and yapping. Finally on Tuesday evening Warren took the RZR down and 3/8 of a mile from our camp he came across the coyotes and scattered them. I was at the camp and what a chaos I heard! The dogs scattered in every direction, even though Warren only actually saw one. I could hear them scatter and then howl to one another. It was such an adventure! I can tell you, I was so happy to be sleeping in a trailer and not a tent! On July 4th weekend when Natalie and Tyler camped with us in the same spot we saw one coyote casually lope along the side of our camp, just taking his time. It made Tyler a little nervous that it didn't seen to be afraid of us! I don't blame him.
We had Meagan here with us for a few short hours and ended our visit with a brunch this morning. Kari, Anita and the kids, Angie, Justin and their kids and Natalie and her kids came. We had a good time, but I think it was a little noisy for Meagan. We are a bit much when we all get together. Scott was on a MIA outing with his ward and Jeff and Tyler had to work. We missed Zoe too. She had an activity day.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Coyotes in the Draw
Posted by Tricky Trix at 10:02 AM
Labels: Coyotes in the Draw
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment