We had a great anniversary trip to San Diego, however, not without a little problem. While I was driving between Gila Bend and Yuma my right rear tire sidewall decided to just blow up. There was still lots of tread on the tire, the sidewall just gave out. It was a little scary! I nice young man in a pick up truck stopped to ask if we needed help, but Warren said he could handle it on his own. Then a Highway Patrolman stopped to make sure none of the passing vehicles came too close while Warren changed the tire. Thankfully we had a full size spare. We got to Yuma just fine and had to spend a bundle there for a new tire. After lunch we were back on our way. Thursday evening, after checking in to our hotel, we strolled around Old Town San Diego. It's always interesting to go there.
On Friday we spent the whole day at Sea World. It's always amazing to see the Killer Whales (which are really LARGE dolphins) do their tricks. The dolphins themselves are also amazing. In the evening we went to Black Angus for our anniversary dinner. I love the fried zucchini! or I should say the cucumber dip!
On Saturday we went to the San Diego Zoo for the whole day. It was exhausting for me, but so enjoyable. I especially love seeing the pandas, koalas, lesser kudu and other unusual animals. We also rode the sky ride and took the bus tour, twice.
Sunday we went back to Sea World for the second day of our pass. We just revisited our favorite shows and animals. Dad also go to ride the Journey to Atlantis roller coaster and got wet. After going to our room to freshen up, we went back to Old Town for a little stroll and some FUDGE.
Monday we drove home, without incidence this time. We're home safe and sound and I'm glad to be back.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Sea World and San Diego Zoo
Posted by Tricky Trix at 9:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Happy Annaversary...sound like you had alot of fun!
Post a Comment