Sunday, September 27, 2009

September

My sisters, my dad and I: Eva, Esther, Dad, Trix,
Monica and Briga



Party at Tiffany's Farm


Brad riding my quad in Natalie's back yard.



Tiffany's back yard and goats


The back of Natalie's house



Fire near Happy Jack, Arizona



Angie and I worked really hard to get these peaches done. We cooked them outside on her camp stove. I had to peel two boxes of peaches that weren't 'slipping' out of their skins after blanching. All this with a very bad back. Thanks for the help Angie!



Taylor's birthday and ordination day: Warren, Jeff, Brigham, Zoe, Taylor, Bryce, Emma, Anita and Trix




Here's a quick rundown of my past couple of weeks:
1. Friday, September 11th, picked up trailer at Happy Jack and drove to Jacob's Lake
2. Saturday, 12th- drove to St. George, Utah (actually Leeds, where we parked the trailer) and attended Tim Rice's interpretation of 'Aida' at the Tuacahn.
3. Sunday,13th- our 46th wedding anniversary. We visited Alisyn's parents and Warren's brother.
4. Monday, 14th- went shopping and attended 'Footloose' at the Tuacahn in St. George.
5. Tuesday, 15th- drove to Mapelton, Utah and parked our mobil apartment in Natalie's driveway.
6. Wednesday, 16th - shopped with Natalie and met Melanie and Theresa for lunch at a 'tree hugger' place
7. Thursday, 17th- started Natalie's computer room curtains and ironed about 10 yards of muslin for the lining. In the afternoon (Thursday) I went Theresa's and we made lots of cards, then she took me to dinner at Joe Banditoe's on the way back to Natalie's.
8. Friday, 18th we went to Logan where we had lunch with all my sisters and my dad. We had corned beef and cabbage then pie for dessert. After returning to Mapelton, I finished Natalie's comp. room curtains with her.
9. On Saturday, the 19th, we helped Natalie and Tyler with stuff around the yard and went to pick raspberries at the neighbor's. We then hurried to Provo to see Alisyn's booth at the Farmers Market and bought some of her wonderful purses and pillows and a check book cover. Then we rushed back to Mapelton to prepared for a family party that afternoon at the Tiffany's' house. We missed Theresa's family who weren't able to come due to football. Eric and Alisyn, Kevin, Melanie and her whole family came. Sadly, Ashley was ill and couldn't come. We had a great time eating pulled pork burritos with pie and ice cream for dessert. Then we played games. Brad and Hailie had lots of fun driving my quad around Natalie's yard.
10. Sunday, the 20th, we went to church with Tiffanys', after dinner Natalie and I made the curtains for her livingroom. It was a huge job and there were another 10 yards of muslin for me to iron.
11. Monday, the 21st we spent in South Jordan with Melanie. We did some of her errands with her and had lunch at 'Fazzoli', at my request. She made wonderful lemon pasta for dinner. I had a hard time getting Jeffy to warm up to me until I gave him gum. Then we were best buds.
12. Tuesday I started the day by throwing out my back bending over to put on my pants. I can't begin to tell you how horrible the pain is. We spent the day with Eric. We went to a movie because about all I was up for was sitting, then we had lunch. Then we went to the neighbor's Briar Patch and picked four one gallon buckets of raspberries. Eric helped us pick and Hadley and Cole came to help pick when they got off the school bus. Then we made EIGHT batches of raspberry freezer jam. YUMMY!
13. After taking care of the goats and doing things around the yard, (Warren found the water for Tyler and spent a few days checking for leaks, etc.), Warren, Natalie and I met Theresa and Eric for lunch. Then we went back to the trailer to do some packing and cleaning up in preparation to leaving.
14. Thursday we drove to Jacob's Lake with the trailer.
15. Friday morning when we woke up at Jacob's Lake it was 30 degrees outside. We drove to Happy Jack to park the trailer, had lunch in Payson and arrived home at 4:30 to 103 degrees! On the way home, just north of Happy Jack, we saw a big forest fire, but it turns out to have been a 'control' burn.
16. Saturday - I came home to two boxes of peaches and two boxes of apples Angie and I had ordered, so Angie and I spent about four hours making 35 pints of bottles peaches and about 25 pint jars of freezer jam. Then I got cleaned up and went to the general Relief Society broadcast at the stake center with my friend, Linda Berry.
17. Sunday, September 27th, Taylor's 12th birthday. We went to San Tan Valley (formerly Queen Creek), where we went to church with Jeff's family to be there for Taylor's ordination to the Aaronic Priesthood as a Deacon. Then Jeff and Anita made us a wonderful dinner of grilled fish and vegetables with rice. After 'kicking back' for a while we had cake and ice cream. We had a wonderful day with the family.
NOW I'M GOING TO REST prior to going back to Logan, Utah on Wednesday for my dad's 89th birthday on Sunday, Oct. 4th. I hope my back can hold up for another 10 days or so.

5 comments:

skdesertfun said...

Wow that was quick!

Speer Family said...

That's a busy vacation!:) Maybe soon you can stay home and hang with us.

xr440dude said...

Wow you've really been hopping! But all I can say is:

MMMMMMMM....PEACHES!

(...and if ever see another case of useless apples show up at my house I think I'll strangle somebody!)

Melly said...

whew.....

The Tiffany's said...

We were exhausted too! You guys wore us out :0) Thanks for all your help!