Friday, November 13, 2009

REDECORATION

Wow, we had a busy weekend last week. Melanie came to visit and to work. It was such a great time. She arrived on Thursday morning and we went shopping for paint! Thursday night Melanie and Angie painted my bathroom for me and on Friday Scott joined the girls and painted my bedroom! You guys did a GREAT job. I just love the new look. On Saturday we went shopping for decorations, accessories and light fixtures. All I have left to do is paint the doors and some of the baseboards. Sunday we went to Usery Park for a spur of the moment picnic with Angie's family. I don't have any pictures of that, but it was fun and the kids got the traditional hike. On Monday Jeff was able to join us for the whole day. When he arrived we had puff oven pancakes for breakfast together and he suggested we go to Golf Land for a little miniature golf. That is just what we did. What a great suggestion! We had so much fun. Then we went shopping for more decorations, had lunch and came back to the house to play games. Thanks so much, Melanie, Angie, Scott and Jeff for all the help and all the fun! Sadly, Melanie had to go back home Monday night.

This is a corner of the bathroom. The blue color is 'blue smoke'.

Warren bought new light fixtures, a new medicine cabinet and framed out the old mirror.

The colors in the photo are really bad, but I finally got Warren to hang the TV on the wall and he bought this little cabinet for the satellite box and DVD player.


TA-DA! This is a better photo for the actual color of the bedroom. It is very pale blue. The big picture on the wall is actually the same picture we had on the red wall. It's amazing that it still works with the blue. Here we have new lights as well. All the new hardware is brushed nickel. And, at Melanie's suggestion, she painted our old knotty pine headboard white and I love it!


Some Golf Land pictures. Smile!



On Tuesday I had the third of my series of lower back epidural injections and injections in my right hip. Next, we are going to Utah for Thanksgiving next week. We look forward to seeing all our 'Utah' families! Love to all my family!

2 comments:

The Tiffany's said...

WOW! It looks sooo nice! I LOVE it!

Alonso Family said...

love the funny golf pics, they made me smile:) i hope your treatments are helping, it sounds rough...hang in there! love ya!