We have a family tradition, since we moved to Mesa 22 years ago, that we have winter and spring picnics at Lost Dutchman State park in the Superstition Mountains. There are nice ramadas and great hiking trails. We went last Sunday with Angie, Justin and the kids. With everyone's schedules, it seems we can't get together as often as we would like to. We had a great time. Justin, Warren, Riley and Carson hiked up to the bench; quite an achievement for the kids. I later had a little hike with Riley, Kai and Kam. We found a steel coyote, which thrilled the kids. I pointed out and named various natural desert features and plants, but Kam seemed to be most excited about each covered garbage can he found.
Sadly this will be one of our last Superstition trips because the park is due to close in June, due to lack of funds. If any of you would like to join us out there, we are available just about any time.
Riley, Kam and Kai find a 'coyote'.
Thursday dad went skiing to Sunrise all by himself for the second time in a couple of weeks. He wasn't able to find anyone to go with him, so he went anyway.
This is a quilt kit I bought about three years ago. I have finally started on it. This is my practice piece.
Some of you know I have had injured shoulders. I injured my right should on Dec. 20th. On Jan. 13th I fell in our garage on my way to the temple. I tore a tendon in my left shoulder and went to the ER. They put me in an immobilizer. I saw my ortho two weeks ago, had an MRI on the left shoulder and saw my ortho again today, after waiting for two weeks to see if it would get better, at the doctors recommendation. There is a 50% plus tear in the tendon and lots of arthritis. The inflamation in my left shoulder is so bad that no healing has been able to take place, so I had a VERY PAINFUL cortisone injection today and will have to wait another 2 weeks to see if I make significant progress. If not, I will have surgery. On Tuesday I will have an MRI on my right shoulder. I have decided to aggressively pursue the left shoulder first because it is much worse. Warren spent 10 days dressing, undressing and showering me because I couldn't use either arm or hardly sleep. I am doing enough better that I can take care of myself now, but it is still very painful. I really appreciate all Warren does for me. He still drives me everywhere because it is so painful to drive. Thanks to Angie too, for doing my hair for me several times. Most of the time it just looks awful because it's all I can do to just wash it. I can't raise my arms very high yet.
No worries though, I will prevail. Love to you all!
Friday, February 5, 2010
WONDERFUL SUPERSTITIONS
Posted by Tricky Trix at 7:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Great update. I am so sorry to hear that the park is closing. That seems so crazy to me. I love the pic of dad skiing he rocks. Keep getting better and I hope to see you soon!
I took my camara with us to the Supers and forgot to take pictures. I guess that means we need to go back.:) Hope you get better REAL soon!
I am sad that we won't have the Lost Dutchman park to enjoy anymore. I really miss AZ winters, hiking and picnicing and enjoying the nice temperate weather!
I hope you can get your shoulders back into commission soon! That's really gotta suck. But I'm glad that at least dad is there to help you! Love you!
Post a Comment