Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Getting some Time

I am at Melanie's in West Jordan for a week. The news on my shoulder injuries is: four weeks of physical therapy and 12 weeks of recovery. I have been in a severe depression because I'm so tired of everything hurting all the time. Melanie is doing my hair for me every day and just taking care of me. Yesterday I spent time with Theresa, who came to South Jordan to pick me up. We had good time together. Wednesday Natalie and Eric are coming to spend the day with me and Thursday Melanie and I plan to do a session in the Draper temple.
I also got bad news from my dad today which put me in another 'downer'. My cousin Ursula passed away Jan. 24th and now her sister's granddaughter died at birth. Her father held her for four hours until she died. My Aunt Erika has five grandchildren and this was the first little girl. I don't know how Aunt Erika can deal with loosing a daughter and a granddaughter in a three week period. I am, of course, also very sad for Marcel and his wife for their loss.
Come on antidepressants! I need you to kick in soon!
Thanks for all you are doing for me Melanie! I really need the pampering right now.

4 comments:

Speer Family said...

Well I sure hope a week with Melly makes you feel better! It always seems to work for me. Love you!

Melly said...

I am loving every minute of it. It is so nice to have you come and spend some down time where we can just relax. Thanks for comming! I love you!

Al said...

Wow, Mom, I'm sorry to hear about all of these hard things. We will continue to pray for you {and our family} and hope you get feeling better soon! WE LOVE YOU!!! Hugs and kisses your way, Al :)

xr440dude said...

Sorry to hear about another loss like that. It's so emotional when children and babies die. All we can do is remember that our Heavenly Father has a plan for us. That soul probably had an important job to do elsewhere and didn't need the earthly trials the rest of us go through.

Mom, please get well quickly and try not to let things get you down. Depression is only going to slow the healing. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help you through your recovery.

We love you!