Friday, July 29, 2011

SIGNS OF THE TIMES

I was driving home from Happy Jack and Payson this past Monday.  Driving alone, I sometimes noticed that my speed gradually crept up to 75 plus miles per hour.  After setting the cruise control I started to think how easy it is to speed in the newer, better cars.  When I first got married we had a car that was already 16 years old, (a 1947 Hudson).  I started thinking about what would have happened if we ever had tried to drive that old car over 50 miles an hour.  I think the windows would have rattled down and the hub caps, which we don't even have anymore, would have gone flying off in all directions. Oh how times change!

5 comments:

Melly said...

True that huh! Even the changes I have seen in my life time...Amazing!

The Tiffany's said...

Crazy how time flies and things change....

The Tiffany's said...

Crazy how time flies and things change....

xr440dude said...

Things are much safer these days, but I think old stuff was a lot more fun in many cases.

Alonso Family said...

great analogy!