Friday, January 2, 2009

Desert Botanical Gardens

Today - Jan. 2nd - I went to the Desert Botanical Garden to view the blown glass exhibit of world famous artist Chihuly. It was amazing! Some of the art work was as tall as 27 feet! I spent four hours walking around and admiring the sculptures as well as all the desert plants. I wish I could have shared this day with all of my family.







"Mexican Hats and Horns"


15 foot tall "Yellow Desert Flowers" in blown glass

4 comments:

Al said...

WOW!!! GORGEOUS!!!!

Sad day to miss out on that, but thanks for sharing the pics!!! You are amazing, Mom!!! WE LOVE YOU!

Sorensen Family said...

Those are so cool! Ill bet the pictures dont do it justice! Im glad you found our blog. It is a indeed a very good way to keep up with each other while living so far away! It was nice to see Warren over Thanksgiving, he looks great! I tried to tell the boys that he most closely resembles Clair (Grandpa) but they just didnt grasp that. Im going to add your blog to mine, so I can keep tabs on you! :)

Melly said...

Wow, what a fun day! The glass are looks amazing. I hope you are feeling better!

The Tiffany's said...

It's amazing what they can do with glass! I looks like it was a gorgeous fun day for you!