OK, I'll admit gardening is not so easy. I have been fighting the birds and a cat. The cat has dug up much of the African Daisy seeds to make a soft sandbox. I am trying pepper flakes to discourage it. I hope it works. I have made six 'scarecrows' consisting of sticks with ribbons hanging down. This seems to be deterring the birds from digging up the seeds. I have had to re-seed in several areas due to bird appetite. I have radishes up; two different crops. The birds have eaten the beans as they have emerged from the ground, so I have re-seeded them and some of the yellow squash. The parsley, tomatoes and cilantro are doing well, as are the pansies and the 36 yellow snap dragons I planted. In addition, I found five penstimon volunteers that I have replanted in an organized manner. I have added dill seed and cucumbers. Wish me luck!
On Friday I helped Angie with her 'garden' for about five hours. I hope she has good luck with it. I hope you will have good luck with gardens of your own.
Pansies - two colors on one plant!
Cilantro
Tomatoes
Penstimon
As you can probably see, I do best with flowers. Too bad we can't eat them! ;0)
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Garden Update
Posted by Tricky Trix at 3:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Your garden is looking GOOD. I just want the snow to go away!!!! Love Ya
I'm anxious to get my garden in this year, but alas . . . I have to wait for the snow to melt! Your's looks great:)!
I'm anxious to get my garden in this year, but alas . . . I have to wait for the snow to melt! Your's looks great:)!
Post a Comment