Sunday, March 8, 2009

BUSY THREE DAYS!

We had two exceedingly heavy laden days! I'm not kidding. On Thursday morning Warren pulled two thirds of the bedroom carpet out and we started laying down laminate flooring. We quickly found out we aren't as young as we used to be. (We already knew that, but didn't want to admit it). Friday morning, sore and stiff all over, we continued the project. Warren pulled out the rest of the carpet and layed the remaining floor boards while I scraped and sanded the baseboards. After he tacked the boards back down, I caulked them, running out of caulk and going to Home Depot while Warren took all the carpet and pad to the dump. After finishing the caulking we had lunch and ran errands for Riley's birthday while the caulk was drying. When we got home I painted the baseboards and we moved some of the furniture back, got cleaned up and went to Riley's birthday dinner at Ah So. Sorry, no pictures of that because my camera was broken. Inspite of knee pads, Warren has a huge blister on his knee. I won't tell you where I'm most sore.

Thursday morning, ready to start




Thursday night and ready to quit



Scraping and sanding baseboards Friday morning
This picture cost me $135 because I dropped my camera and had to buy a new one :(



DONE

4 comments:

Melly said...

WOW! Looks so good I didn't know you were working on that. I knew you wanted to for a long time. So congrats it look nice. worth the work even though your sore huh! Can't wait to see you next week!

skdesertfun said...

Looks great. I think it is awesome you two can still get so much done. I hope I have the agility at that age. Love ya.

Scotty

Al said...

GORGEOUS! And what a lot of work! You and dad are amazing!

The Tiffany's said...

Wow! That looks amazing! Now you'll be able to clean under your bed with ease :0)
Don't feel bad about being sore... I felt sore after every project we did on our house and I think you are a little older than I am :0)