Warren and I spent big chunks of Friday and Saturday at the temple. Warren's cousin, Chuck Sorensen, died a year ago of pancreatic cancer. His wife, Nancy joined the church shortly before Chuck died. He had not been active in the church for over 50 years, but had recently reconnected with the church and they had a wonderful missionary couple from Perry, Utah, who helped them through the ordeal of Chuck's illness, the conversion of Nancy and re-activation of Chuck. Last weekend Nancy and another of Warren's cousins, Greg Prince, came from Minnesota. He is the nephew of Chuck. John and Karen Sorensen came from Sacramento and their daughter Minday and her husband came from Bountiful, Utah as well as Marilyn Prince, Chuck's sister, who came from Cedar City, Utah. Randy and Charlene Sorensen came from Sacramento area as well. Greg stayed with us and Randy and Charlene stayed in our fifth wheel at Scott's. On Friday we did endowments for Nancy, Chuck and some of her family. Afterwards we all went to Aunt Wim's in Peoria for food and great visiting. Aunt Wim is the sister of Chuck's late mother. They have always had a good relationship with her. The lady in the picture with John and Karen is Wim's daughter Sharon, who also was at the temple with us and made wonderful tacos and enchiladas. Saturday, which would have been Chuck's birthday, we did sealings for Chuck, Nancy, her parents and grandparents and nine children. Warren and I were able to act as proxy for the parents of the nine children. It was really awesome. Afterwards we all went to Monte's Casa Vieja (13 of us) in Tempe for great fillet mignon. We sang 'Happy Birthday' to Chuck. Nancy picked up the whole check, saying it was her wedding dinner. How sweet and wonderful she is.
Nancy Sorensen and Marilyn Sorensen Prince
John and Karen Sorensen, Sharon Burns and almost Greg
Monday, March 2, 2009
Two Temple Days
Posted by Tricky Trix at 5:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm sorry I missed the reunion and temple work! I wish I knew they were coming ahead of time.
Post a Comment