Sunday, October 4, 2009

My Speers




This week I had continuing adventures with the Speer grandchildren. On Wednesday, Kai showed up at my house, with mom and Kam, with this elephant head gear he made in pre-school. They had been studying the letter 'E' this week.

On Friday I got an emergency phone call. Angie had to take Kamden to the ER again because Kai had accidentally slammed Kam's finger in the door and popped the whole root of his thumbnail out. I picked Kai up from Angie at the ER and we both went to Wal-Mart to do some of my planned shopping (and of course get snacks for the kids).

Saturday night Angie asked if I could watch Riley, Carson and Kam for a couple hours so she and Justin could get away for a while. Kai was spending time at his other grandma's house. I made Swiss apple cakes and the kids couldn't get enough. Riley wanted to know how I thought up this recipe and told her I had been eating them since I was a little girl. You just peel, slice and core apples, dip them in pancake batter and fry them, then sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top. Yum.

2 comments:

Speer Family said...

Thanks so much for all your help this week!! I don't know what I'd do without you!!!! love you!

Melly said...

Your such a fun grandma!